Terrorism Response Tactics:
Active Shooter Level I Train-the-Trainer
This course will train a select group of 25 law enforcement officers who are experienced in police training, firearms training, and/or tactical methods and is taught by four senior instructors from the ALERRT training team and includes the following:
- The first two days have the participants complete the basic active shooter 16 hour course.
- The third day is devoted to teaching methods and instructor training.
- The fourth and fifth days are focused on teach-backs, remediation and evaluation of the participants.
Student Packing List for Train the Trainer Class:
Participants may bring the following items:
- Duty belt
- Soft body armor (if available)
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Groin protection
- Writing Instrument
- Drinking water
- Bring snacks or lunches. Most breaks and lunches will be short.
- It is recommended participants have access to a computer (laptop or otherwise) with USB capabilities during the course.
NOTE: The following equipment is prohibited and should NOT be transported to the training site:
- Weapons of any kind
- Defense aerosols
- Diversionary devices (flashbangs, etc.)