First Responder Breaching
First Responder Breaching
Time: (16 hours/2 days)
Class Size: 30 students
Prerequisite: Sworn law enforcement officer
Recommended Equipment: Good attitude, open mind, pen and paper, duty gear, appropriate clothing (long pants and long sleeve shirt, shoes or boots, etc.) hearing and eye protection, 12 ga. Shotgun, 5 rounds buckshot, at least 50 rounds birdshot, body armor, gloves, water and or hydration system. **Note: shotguns can be shared between students.
Description: This hands-on, dynamic course is designed to aid the first responder in approaching and breaching into a crisis site using traditional and non-traditional methods. The course covers the use of both manual, ballistic and window breaching tools to gain entry into a structure under extreme exigent circumstances that demand immediate entry to save and protect innocent lives.
If you are interested in hosting this class, please see the requirements listed below then fill out a Hosting Request Form.
1) Most of these classes are held at the ALERRT facility. When we travel with this training, the host agency should provide a classroom and an ALERRT-approved breaching facility with breaching doors and windows.
2) The primary host agency must be a state or local agency.
3) Each class is required to be filled with sworn state and local law enforcement officers from multiple agencies. In the event that federal or military personnel are inquiring about registering, and you have given priority to state/local officers, you are allowed up to 3 slots to approve for federal/military. These federal/military students must not take seats from state or local officers.
4) Most of these classes are held at the ALERRT facility. When we travel with this training, the host agency should provide a classroom and an ALERRT-approved breaching facility with breaching doors and windows.
5) The host agency will be responsible for registration.We will post the class to our website under ‘Upcoming Courses’, and list the POC’s contact information for registration. Under special circumstances, we can remove the class from the website at the agency’s request.
6) The host agency is responsible for the advertisement of the class. We will send you the course flyer for distribution.
7) ALERRT will issue certificates for all classes.
8) In the event a class can’t be filled ALERRT reserves the option to open registration nationwide or cancel the class.
For questions specific to this course type, please contact your ALERRT Regional Manager directly.