First Responder Medical Train-the-Trainer (Commercial)
First Responder Medical Train-the-Trainer
Previously called Active Shooter Level 2 Train-the-Trainer
Time: (24 hours/3 days)
Class Size: 24
Prerequisite: Sworn law enforcement officer, Firefighter, or EMS Personnel
Required Equipment: Good attitude, open mind, pen and paper
Description: This train‑the‑trainer course includes the complete delivery of the Tactical Medical for Patrol Officers course of study as well as instructional techniques and methodology for delivering the course, scenario development, safety protocols and procedures, graded participant teach‑backs, graded skills assessments, remediation, course critiques, and evaluations. Participants are provided with all lesson plans, PowerPoint presentations, student manuals, and related courseware so that they are immediately prepared to deliver the Tactical Medical for Patrol Officers course at their home agency.
If you are interested in hosting this class, please see the requirements listed below then fill out a Hosting Request Form.
1) The primary host agency must be a state or local agency.
2) Each class is required to be filled with sworn state and local law enforcement officers, firefighters, and EMS personnel from multiple agencies. In the event that federal or military personnel are inquiring about registering, and you have given priority to state/local officers, you are allowed up to 3 slots to approve for federal/military. These federal/military students must not take seats from state or local officers.
3) The host agency will provide an unoccupied school building with wide hallways and multiple classrooms or a similar ALERRT-approved facility. The building should have electricity, water and restrooms and climate control if needed. The building should be clean enough for participants to lie on the floor during scenarios. At least one room, on site, should have tables or desks and chairs for the lecture portion of the training. ALERRT will bring the computer, projector and extension cords to deliver the classroom lecture portion of the training, if necessary. ALERRT will provide all of the equipment for the training as well as paperwork, resupplies and consumables. We will not damage the facility in any way. We do use marking cartridges for the force-on-force training but we do not leave any residue behind. 95% of our training is done in unoccupied schools that are currently in use. Occasionally, we will use a decommissioned school that is being readied for remodel or reconstruction. We have used approved empty hospitals, office buildings, courthouses. These buildings must be approved by our training division. The host can send photos and description of building if need be.
4) The host agency will be responsible for registration. We will post the class to our website under ‘Upcoming Courses’, and list the POC’s contact information for registration. Under special circumstances, we can remove the class from the website at the agency’s request.
5) The host agency is responsible for the advertisement of the class. We will send you the course flyer for distribution.
6) ALERRT will issue certificates for all classes.
7) In the event a class can’t be filled ALERRT reserves the option to open registration nationwide or cancel the class.
For questions specific to First Responder Medical courses, please contact your ALERRT Regional Manager directly.