Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training (ALERRT) is one of the major training programs at Texas State University-San Marcos. The ALERRT Center is a part of the School of Criminal Justice, in the College of Applied Arts and Science at Texas State, and we work closely with the Office of Research and Federal Relations.
Major Funding Partners:
- Bureau of Justice Assistance, Department of Justice
- Office of the Governor, Criminal Justice Division
Additionally, we have received funding from many states, regions, and cities who have funded this vital training and adopted the ALERRT Standard for their law enforcement officers. We are proud to have trained officers in 48 states, and look forward to continued delivery of this important and life-saving training across the nation.
Local Working Partners:
- City of San Marcos
- Hays County Sheriff's Office
- Texas School Safety Center
- Texas Tactical Police Officers Association
- Gary Job Corps Center, San Marcos - Department of Labor
Sole Source Distribution Partners:
Private Sector Civilian Training:
- ESPADA - Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events : Workplace Violence Private Sector Awareness Programming - ESPADA and the Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training (ALERRT) Center at Texas State University (Texas State), have partnered to develop and distribute an informative and lifesaving Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events (CRASE) program for the private sector. ESPADA delivers the best custom training, thoughtful consulting, and efficient security/logistics solutions worldwide and at home.