Law enforcement officers and agencies are frequently requested by schools, businesses, and community members for direction and presentations on what they should do if confronted with an active shooter event. The Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events (CRASE) course, designed and built on the Avoid, Deny Defend (ADD) strategy developed by ALERRT in 2004, provides strategies, guidance and a proven plan for surviving an active shooter event. Topics include the history and prevalence of active shooter events, civilian response options, medical issues, and considerations for conducting drills. Participants in this four (4) hour Train-the-Trainer course will receive a manual and PowerPoint presentation suitable for use in their own presentations.
2) Each class is required to be filled with sworn state and local law enforcement officers from multiple agencies. In the event that federal or military personnel are inquiring about registering, and you have given priority to state/local officers, you are allowed to approve slots for federal/military. These federal/military students must not take seats from state or local officers.
3) The host agency will provide a large classroom or auditorium setting, along with audio-visual equipment suitable for the space, and seating for the participants. AV equipment needs to include a PowerPoint projector and computer, speakers and two cordless or lapel microphones.
4) The host agency will be responsible for registration. We will post the class to our website under ‘Upcoming Courses’, and list the POC’s contact information for registration. Under special circumstances, we can remove the class from the website at the agency’s request.
5) The host agency is responsible for the advertisement of the class. We will send you the course flyer for distribution.
6) ALERRT will issue certificates for all classes.
7) In the event a class can’t be filled ALERRT reserves the option to open registration nationwide or cancel the class.
For questions specific to this course type, please contact your ALERRT Regional Manager directly.